Snow Bunny

Happy Monday everyone, here’s to having an amazing week!

rsp_8066

For today’s post we are featuring a head to toe look from Full Beauty.  As a brand ambassador I have really enjoyed the opportunity to explore all the different options that they have and I am still finding new things that I look forward to sharing with you.

rsp_8043

One of the things readers have been asking for is outerwear options.  Unfortunately living in Canada I do need to wear a winter coat (what I wouldn’t give not to have to!) so I can definitely help you out with this one.  And Full Beauty has many options to choose from in a great size range.  I will be sharing some more options over the coming weeks.

rsp_8071

This entire look is centered around this gorgeous faux fur coat by Roaman’s.  Faux fur is one of the fall and winter’s hottest trends and the fact that it is available in sizes up to a 34/36 is honestly very impressive.

rsp_8054

It is often very hard to find fashion forward on trend pieces in sizes beyond a 24, maybe up to 28 but certainly not beyond that.  So kudos to you Roaman’s for making trendy pieces accessible to all.

rsp_8035

I have to admit that faux fur has grown on me when it became a trend this year.  I never really loved it before.  As a child of the 80’s and 90’s I remember my Mom, grandmother and aunts rocking theirs (some real because that’s what you did in the 80’s) and how I used to think how tacky they were.  That’s right I said it!  Clearly I had an opinion on fashion even way back then lol.

rsp_8041

But the weather was quite cold here in November and December and they are predicting more of it so I decided to get this coat because it was something I couldn’t stop looking at on the website, it was literally calling my name, saying yes Lisa you need to buy me, I belong in your closet.

rsp_8062

This coat comes in 5 different colours but I chose the Chinchilla because I loved the variations of grey and the way it looked like marble.  I was very impressed with the quality of the faux fur, it is very soft to the touch and authentic looking.

rsp_8080

The style is a relaxed fit with an attached hood and hook and eye closures down the front and a button at the neck to keep the wind out.  The sleeves are designed to be rolled up so that is great for those of you who have shorter arms to adjust it and have it look like it was intentional.  I know I had to adjust mine.  It is also fully lined and machine washable!

rsp_8070

I absolutely love this coat, it is cozy, very warm, stylish, fun, and practical for a cold climate.  I am wearing the size 4x and it fit well.  I do find that the sizing runs a bit small so I chose to size up to accommodate my pear shape.  We shot this on a super cold day and I was warm and toasty like a bun in the oven.

rsp_8038

I paired the coat with some simple pieces all in shades of grey to play on the texture of the coat.  Of course a little sparkle never hurts anyone in my opinion so first up was this simple cotton ribbed tank with sequins on the front in a beautiful pearl grey colour that has a little bit of a blue undertone to it, giving it an almost ice like quality.

rsp_8093

I topped it off with the matching shrug in the same colour that is just trimmed in sequins for a polished look.  Both of these pieces are from Denim 24/7 which is also by Roaman’s.  I am wearing the size 4x in both.

rsp_8050

I sized up because I bought a previous piece from this line and it was a little small but I actually should have sized down to probably a 2x in the tank and a 3x in the shrug.  Since Full Beauty has free returns in the US I am open to trying things out till I get the sizing chart down better.

rsp_8081

Call me old fashioned but I really like the look of velour and so when I saw this skirt, a simple A-line with an elastic waist and pockets in this dark charcoal colour from Woman Within I thought it would be a perfect staple for my winter wardrobe.  And this piece is very budget friendly, regular price is only $39.99 and you can often get it on sale for 50% off.  I am wearing the 3x in this skirt.

rsp_8111

Finally I had managed to score a pair of the teal wide calf boots that I have showcased in previous posts on winter clearance in grey.  They were the perfect touch.  Then I added this blinged out necklace from Lane Bryant in varying metallics for that luxe feel.

rsp_8131

So there you have it, I am officially a snow bunny, all bundled up and ready for my hot cocoa in style.  Tell me, will you dare to wear fur?

rsp_8031

Special thanks to Robert of Robert Skuja Photography for freezing his fingers off while taking  these breathtaking photos.

rsp_8060

Faux Fur Coat by ROAMAN’s via FULL BEAUTY | Tank by ROAMAN’S DENIM 24/7 via FULL BEAUTY | Shrug by ROAMAN’S DENIM 24/7 via FULL BEAUTY | Skirt by WOMAN WITHIN via FULL BEAUTY | Boots by COMFORTVIEW via FULL BEAUTY | Necklace by LANE BRYANT (sold out but alternative here) |

3 Comments
  1. t. cherie mcadams 9 months ago

Lisa, my instagram (taracherie1973) is completely down and has been for a few days. I can’t even log in from my daughters phone, my account may have been hacked. But not your circus or monkey! Anyway…If you ever get tired of the cold in Canada and have any business in Texas close to Houston or Austin (I’m in the middle of them), me & my family would love to invite you and whom ever you are traveling with out to have some Texas BBQ & Beer in the HOT TEXAS SUN!!! No winter coat needed, it gets over 100 degrees in August/September and is HUMID! I told Rob if he ever wanted to photograph Texas to bring his wife and come on down! This is a friendly state!

• Profile photo of mustangsallytwo Author
      mustangsallytwo 9 months ago

Ahhh thanks Hun!! I have always wanted to go to Texas, it is definitely on the list. And I would never turn down BBQ! 😘😘

2. davetlou 9 months ago

I do not like furs but as you wear it, it makes me want to love.This faux fur is beautiful and the dress sublime! The awesome necklace …. actually it’s perfect. Like you too Lisa.🐇❄❣🐇❄❣🐇❄❣🐇❄❣

Dave

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Happy Monday everyone, here’s to having an amazing week!

rsp_8066

• Profile photo of mustangsallytwo Author
      mustangsallytwo 9 months ago

2. davetlou 9 months ago

Dave

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Contact Me

I want to hear from you -- get in touch!

Sending