Size Doesn’t Matter

Happy Wednesday to my loyal readers, hope you are having an amazing week!

RSP_1908

The focus of today’s post is something that I have patiently been waiting for since I first found out about it in the summer – Torrid now carries size 30 and 6x!

RSP_1892

When I had attended the grand opening of the first Canadian store in Toronto, I had the opportunity to meet some key representatives from head office and they were very patient with me and answered all of my questions.  I openly shared my frustration in trying to find a pair of Torrid jeans that fit my body type.  I could easily wear a size 28 in their dress pants but no matter what style of jean I tried nothing worked with my dreaded problem area – my thick thighs.

RSP_1956

They were happy to let me know that they were working on expanding their size range to a 30 but it was going to take some patience on my part because they were going through their rigorous fit testing process.  So over the course of the last few months I did finally find a pair of size 28 boot cut jeans that fit me but I was still eagerly looking for a jegging or skinny.

RSP_1905

If you regularly visit their website like I do to see what new items they have come out with you will have noticed that they have slowly started adding size 6 and 30 and also size 00 and 10 for my girls on the smaller end of the size range.  They will continue to be offering more pieces in these sizes in the upcoming months.    A couple of weeks ago I finally noticed that jeggings and skinnies were out in the 30!  I immediately had to get my hands on a pair.

RSP_1937

I am wearing the Torrid Jegging in black wash in a size 30.  They are made of a great cotton, rayon and polyester blend with a hint of spandex that allows them to mold fantastically to your shape but still provide comfort.

RSP_2004

And they hold their shape all day.  I particularly love the higher rise waist with 3 buttons that provides ample booty coverage.  I also like that they have a fake front pocket for a clean line.

RSP_1921

I am 5’6 and I also found that the regular inseam length was perfect and that they were appropriately tapered at the ankle but I could still get them on!

RSP_1951

I called this post “Size Doesn’t Matter” because I find that many women, no matter if they are a straight size or plus size get hung up on the size on the tag instead of how a garment fits or makes you feel.  Ladies – all manufacturers are different and not all pieces from the same brand will fit the same.  And let’s face it, we all have very different bodies that make us unique.  So to expect that we are going to wear the same size in absolutely everything is pretty unrealistic.

RSP_1911

I always know that my thighs are going to be an issue but that’s not going to stop me from wearing jeggings or skinnies, it just means that I might have to work a little harder to find the right ones.  And if you think for a second that I will deny myself the opportunity to wear these fabulous jeans because I had to get a size 30 and not a 28, you are dead wrong.  I mean that kind of attitude would have prevented me from creating this fun, stylish and comfortable outfit that I am totally in love with.

RSP_1998

I decided to pair these jeggings with another on trend look – the maxi shirt.  Maxi shirts are popping up all over in spring fashion in solids, sheer fabrics, fun prints and varying necklines.  I loved the soft peach colour of this one, also from Torrid with it’s embroidery, crochet and floral detail for that boho feel and the high low hemline.  I am wearing the 4x in this shirt which is my standard shirt size for Torrid.

RSP_1916

I chose to wear a simple black bustier that was already in my closet that is also from Torrid underneath this sheer number.  I loved how wearing something dark underneath it really highlighted the detail of the pattern and embroidery.  If you wanted an even more boho vibe or wanted to wear something that was less body con, I would slip the matching double layer chiffon cami on underneath.

RSP_1968

When I went to accessorize this look I decided I wanted to have some fun.  I am a self proclaimed accessory junkie and I love the fun and unique options that Torrid offers at a very affordable price point.  I started with this statement necklace in these amazing neon shades of pink, blue, yellow and white.  I loved how it totally popped against the pastel shade of the shirt.

RSP_1981

Now, can we talk about absolutely adorable these pineapple flats are?  They are cute and comfy and the perfect touch of whimsy for a fun casual look.  Paired with my coral Coach bag with matching floral scarf and charm, they were the perfect touch.

RSP_1971

And on a beautiful sunny spring day I of course needed some shades and I just couldn’t resist these daisy circle shaped ones that are also from Torrid.  They definitely spoke to my love of flowers and complimented the boho vibe of the entire look.

RSP_1983

I strongly believe that we shouldn’t let size impact our style decisions.  I realize now that there are so  many things I have missed out on because I spent too much time caring what other people thought.  Now I do what makes me happy.  And babes, you should too!  Trust me, it will give you a much more positive outlook on yourself and your body.  Stay tuned for more looks featuring Torrid’s extended size range as I add to my collection.

RSP_1884

Credit for these fantastic photos goes to Robert Skuja of Robert Skuja Photography.

Jeggings by TORRID | Maxi Blouse by TORRID | Corset by TORRID | Flowy Tank alternative to corset by TORRID | Flats by TORRID | Necklace by TORRID | Sunglasses by TORRID (alternative) | Bag by COACH (Michael Kors alternative) |

0 Comments
  1. John Wilson 1 year ago

Lovely summer look . And love hearing your postive confident additude . You are a beautiful lady .💖💖💖💖

2. robbie 1 year ago

I make most of my clothes so I can get a better fit in my clothing but I do buy some rtw special pieces. That top is gorgeous and I plan to check Torrid out. Thanks for the info.

3. jesstar666 1 year ago

I’ve been following your blog for a while but never commented.
    (I’m JJBabbles from instagram 🙂 Which is how I found your blog initially)

This post is exactly what I needed to read today. Aside from the wonderful photos & style that you have – I found your words very important.
    I’ve spent so many years not wearing what I actually like because of self image issues coupled with caring what people might think (which I find ridiculous – I know I shouldn’t care a jot! My happiness is all that matters when it comes to fashion & style!)

*stopping myself from going off on a really long story* I’ll get to my point!

I cried today because I felt so mentally uncomfortable in a gorgeous torrid sundress that I only ever wear around my apartment. Where no-one can see or judge.
    Then I read this – I now truly realise it’s ALL me – if I can feel this terrible indoors alone then it really is only the judgements I’m making about myself – for me it really isn’t about caring what others think!
    I know I need to work on this somehow & honestly don’t know where to start – I want to feel comfortable with myself & seeing your posts – they really do inspire me because you seem confident & have fun with fashion & that’s what I want to be doing.

Thank-you so much for writing this blog & keeping so up-to-date with news like Torrid extended sizes – if there’s ever a blog award you’re in the running for, I’d vote for you in a heartbeat!

Ok, sorry for such a long comment,

JJ xx

• Profile photo of mustangsallytwo Author
      mustangsallytwo 1 year ago

OMG girl!!! Thank you so much, you made me teary reading your beautiful words 😘. This is why I love blogging and my life has forever been changed. I hope to see you rock that sundress! 💜💜💜

4. LisaGodwin 1 year ago

Can you please tell me how to get an opportunity to model fir Torrid.Seeing you wear those brautuful clothes and hearing your inspiring words are awsome.Love your confidence and the clothes are simply stunning!

• Profile photo of mustangsallytwo Author
      mustangsallytwo 1 year ago

Thank you so much! I don’t actually model for Torrid. I am simply a blogger who loves their clothes and they might pick up a post I write for their social media 💕

5. juliette 1 year ago

This outfit is so pretty! LOVE the maxi shirt – perfect spring top – and your post was right on point!

6. Era 1 year ago

Thank You so much for what You share. I m a plus size french woman having felt miserable for years because of others bringing me down. You are so beautiful And self confident that it brings my spirit up.

Go on girl 😀

• Profile photo of mustangsallytwo Author
      mustangsallytwo 1 year ago

Ahhhh thank you so much! You deserve to be happy and feel beautiful just as you are, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise! 😘

7. Kay Christean Daniel 6 months ago

I just ordered three tops from Torrid and am a bit nervous about wearing them outside the house. About five years ago I chose to wear what I loved and a woman and her young children stared and laughed at me. I am pretty conservative and had worn a blue top with soft blue and white striped pants. So I have hidden away and have been wearing the most wretched old dark clothing. (Also, the property owner lives in the premises and has told me for years: “If I was as fat as you I would kill myself.” And, when I was I’ll and applied for disability insurance: “There is nothing wrong with you, you’re just fat and you should kill yourself.” So when my precious old car was diagnosed with renal failure, I tried to kill myself. What a foolish thing to have done. Fortunately, I came out of the experience okay, but I would never try that again. My life is precious to me and every day is a blessing. And you have inspired me to be myself. It’s time. I am an artist and haven’t painted in almost four years. When I am not painting or gardening or being with my cats, I am going to be wearing the loveliest cloths and the jewellery I make. One of the Four Agreements- from the book- is “don’t take things personally”. When someone is insulting, it’s their problem, not yours. Ah well, thank you so much for being such an inspiration.

• Profile photo of mustangsallytwo Author
      mustangsallytwo 6 months ago

I shed a tear reading this but I am glad that you seem to be in a better place. You wear those tops and hold your head high. And if painting makes you happy then do it. You inspire me to keep doing what I am doing.