Jumpsuit Insider

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I can’t believe it is Christmas Eve tomorrow already!

IMG_8796

So if you read my last post, you probably could have guessed that I couldn’t just buy one look from the new Torrid Insider Collection, I had to get two!

IMG_8822

This look highlights the one trend for 2015 that has been my nemesis – the jumpsuit.  If I am 100% honest which I always am, I am not a fan of the jumpsuit.  I mean first off there is the logistical factors of wearing one all day (I mean honestly – basically getting naked to have to go the washroom?) but generally fit is a challenge for this pear shaped gal.

IMG_8835

So it’s not that I haven’t tried on a few but at some point I just gave up out of frustration.  When I looked at the new Insider collection and I saw this one I decided to give it a try for a couple of reasons.

IMG_8792

First, the legs are wide width style so I knew it would accommodate my thighs.  Second, it was cropped so it wouldn’t be too long on me and I prefer this length.  Third, it was more of a empire waist so I felt it would hit be at the right spot.  And finally, it was all black in a great material that wouldn’t show all my lumps and bumps.

IMG_8838

My one reservation was that it was strapless but Torrid does a good job in shaping their strapless garments and providing additional lining and support so I went for it.  It also has great seaming at the bust line and pockets!

IMG_8861

I know that a lot of you are afraid of online shopping and wish you could try things on in store but if you take the time to really learn what works on your body and how certain brands fit you then it will turn out to be a great investment.

IMG_8837

I will be honest, there is always going to be some trial and error, especially when you try a new brand but the choice that it allows you is fantastic.  I would not have the wardrobe I have today if I had not put the work in to online shopping.

IMG_8840

So when this arrived for me to pick up at the store and I tried it on I was certainly not disappointed.  I am wearing the size 30 and it fit like a glove and for all the reasons that I ordered it in the first place.  And yes I knew I needed to order the 30 and not a 28 because I struggle with the room in the thighs in Torrid bottoms so I wanted to make sure that wasn’t an issue.

IMG_8776

I love the detail of the pop of colour in the belt.  And Torrid you get two thumbs up on the fact that this belt actually fits!  I do find that the belts that come with Torrid dresses don’t seem to fit properly but this one was great.

IMG_8871

I decided to pair the jumpsuit with the Long Line Vest in the most amazing shade of bright red/orange.  I tend to shy away from pieces like this because the length doesn’t usually work with my shape but when I read in the description that it was tailored to shape your figure into an hourglass silhouette I went for it.

IMG_8786

I absolutely love love this vest!  The heavyweight ponte fabric is amazing and the tailoring does magic for your figure!  And surprisingly the longer length does give me a leaner look.  I am wearing the 5x and I felt it was true to size.

IMG_8790

To accessorize this look I wanted it to be sophisticated and chic.  So I put my hair up to show off the neckline and take advantage of the skin wow factor.

IMG_8814

I then added one of my favourite necklaces from Symone Kelly.  The colours just tied in to the vest and belt perfectly and provided that wow factor.  A rich gold cuff bracelet and a small gold earring completed it.  I shot the look in my heels because I wanted the full effect of how fierce this look could be.

IMG_8807

Finally I had to add this simply adorable clutch from Torrid that looks like an old school rotary phone.  And I mean how cute is the saying?  If you are looking for bags that have a touch of whimsy then I highly recommend Torrid, they have had an amazing selection this year.

IMG_8800

I felt super glam, sophisticated, fierce and chic in this look.  I was ready to take on anything and have the whole room staring at me.  What more can you ask of an outfit?

IMG_8831

DEAL ALERT:  Ladies you know I love a great sale so I have to tell you that right now you can get this vest AND jumpsuit for only $72 total!  And all sizes in both pieces are still available.  It’s Christmas, treat yourself!

IMG_8841

Special thanks to Stef (of the blog SassyPlus) for bringing my vision to life and for continuing to push me outside my posing comfort zone!

Vest by TORRID | Jumpsuit by TORRID | Necklace by SYMONE KELLY (similar) | Clutch by TORRID |

7 Comments
  1. John Wilson 2 years ago

What can i say it is a beautiful look Lisa . Love the way it fits , strappless very sexy . The pop of red sets it off and i know u cant wear the heels but they do look lovely . And yes you sure wood have heads turning when you walked into a room 💖💖💖
    John

2. robbie 2 years ago

Gorgeous look on you–the orange/red color of the belt and vest really gives you a glow.

3. Magda Sofia Inacio 2 years ago

This looks great – it’s one of my favourite looks on you 🙂 I love the idea of a jumpsuit, but the logistics of one when going to the bathroom is daunting! Not so much being naked to pee, but actually being able to take it off in time to pee LOL

• Profile photo of emilygillis
      emilygillis 2 years ago

LMAO! So true!!!! Thank you doll! I figure I’ll have to limit the liquid intake when I wear it 😊

4. Y. 2 years ago

I noticed you mentioned that you had items from Torrid shipped to a store. Were you able to get Torrid clothes shipped to one of the Toronto stores?? When I tried to select that option on the website, it didn’t allow me to select any of the Toronto stores.

• Profile photo of emilygillis
      emilygillis 2 years ago

Hi! I have my orders shipped to the store in Niagara Falls NY and I go over and pick them up and try on the clothes before I pay duty on what I want to keep. Originally when the Eaton Centre store opened they thought that you would be able to ship to store and still just pay the duty based on my discussions with reps from head office. It turns out that Canada customs wouldn’t allow this so that is why you cannot ship to a Canadian store right now. A Canadian warehouse doesn’t make sense right now with only 3 stores but they do intend to open more so with time ship to store should be available. Hope this helps!

5. delopo 2 years ago

5. delopo 2 years ago

Fantastic pics !
    so, so sexy…

you are a fabulous woman

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Contact Me

I want to hear from you -- get in touch!

Sending