Comfy Casual

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I hope you are all having a great week.  I took a few days off after sharing my Holiday Look Book but I am back.

IMG_7730

This look features the Canadian brand Point Zero Curvy.  As you may know, I have had the opportunity to try several pieces by Point Zero Curvy through SexyPlus Clothing here in Mississauga as they started to carry the brand in 2015.  I have been impressed with what I have seen and tried to date so when something works I often find myself going back for more.

IMG_7726

So my challenge is always if the pieces will fit me since they only go to a size 3x.  The fit is generous but up till now I have stuck to tops.  This time I thought I would try a dress.  I am wearing the “Print Stripe Dress” in a 3x.  The material is a nice blend with a little stretch.

IMG_7728

I love this dress for several reasons – it has short sleeves for this hot blooded gal who hates long sleeves; it has an on trend tribal print in black and ivory; it has a nice wide black band at the bottom and inset into the sleeves to add visual interest, a slight v cut out in the back and it is my favourite style, empire waist.

IMG_7733

This dress fits great and I was pleasantly surprised with the length.  We all have our personal struggles with those parts of our body that we don’t love as much as others and for me it is my thighs.  I will admit that although I am working on it, it is still sometimes a struggle to show them off and wear something above the knee.  The great thing about colder weather is that I can wear tights.

IMG_7731

Now I don’t know about you but shopping for plus size tights, especially at my size has been one unpleasant experience over the years.  I have always struggled to find a pair that fit and then there is always the risk that you get them home and you get the pair that has crappy construction.  You know what I am talking about ladies, the seam isn’t sewn straight, it is actually attached to one of the leg holes, the feet are not straight or you put a hole in them before you even get out the door.

IMG_7734

My tights are from an Australian company called Sonsee Woman.  I found about them through Garner Style when she did a post on plus size tights.  They specialize in making tights for plus size women.  The quality is absolutely amazing!  They use quality Italian materials and are designed to have amazing stretch.  Technically if you look at their size chart, the largest size equates to a size 22-24 in US sizing.

IMG_7724

But I took the risk and ordered anyways and the fit is great.  They ship worldwide and the Australian dollar is pretty much par with the Canadian right now.  Shipping to Canada is $20 but for a quality product I don’t think it is that bad.  I also didn’t pay any duty as the value of the package was low.  The price is a little more than what you might see in a major retailer but they will last a long time.  I wore one pair all winter last year.  And if you want to save on shipping, order with a friend or family member!

IMG_7725

This look is something I would wear to work for casual Friday or a day of running errands or exploring the City on the weekend.  I like my casual looks to be comfy too and this fits the bill.

IMG_7737

I then paired it with my Point Zero Curvy Poncho with pleather detail and fringe that I have previously featured on the blog.  Since the moment I bought this piece it has become a staple in my wardrobe.  It is such an easy and chic layering piece and perfect for the weather we have been having.  This is still available at SexyPlus, I would grab it before it’s gone!

IMG_7721

Finally I added a mixed metallic necklace from Additionelle and some black flats.  Long necklaces is something I also struggle with because if they don’t hit me in the right spot, they don’t lay right.  My fellow gals who are chesty know what I am talking about.  I love that this piece is long enough and so versatile.  And mixing your metallics is totally on trend.

IMG_7738

So there you have it, another fab look from Point Zero Curvy.  My size 26/28 gals, don’t be afraid to give it a try!

IMG_7723

I am not sure if you are aware but the Point Zero Curvy  line is also sold online.  They currently ship to Canada and the US so check them out.

And if you are local and prefer to shop in person, please visit SexyPlus.

Special thanks to Peter for the fab pictures.

Dress by POINT ZERO CURVY | Poncho by POINT ZERO CURVY (via SexyPlus) | Tights by SONSEE WOMAN | Necklace by ADDITIONELLE |

4 Comments
  1. Yvonne 2 years ago

Great dress! I do love the cover up too ! Makes me wish for cooler weather. I never knew Australia had plus sized stockings! What a discovery! Ill have a look and see what i can find

Xoxo

2. robbie 2 years ago

Love the dress and the wrap. Usually with shorter dresses (depending on the way they’re made) I wear leggings–have a hard time with tights too.

3. […] good things about them.  To get all the details, please click here to read my previous blog post Comfy Casual where I give you the full […]

4. romantic524 2 years ago

IMG_7724

IMG_7725

IMG_7737

IMG_7721

IMG_7738

IMG_7723

And if you are local and prefer to shop in person, please visit SexyPlus.

Special thanks to Peter for the fab pictures.

4 Comments
  1. Yvonne 2 years ago

Xoxo

2. robbie 2 years ago

4. romantic524 2 years ago

Sally,
    You look amazing in this outfit. You especially rock in your stockings dear

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Contact Me

I want to hear from you -- get in touch!

Sending